Hotel Management: All You Need to Know About this Course
Hotel Management is a professional course that requires hard work and passion to survive and grow after graduating with a degree in this field. With all this being said, not many of them are aware of the knowledge one acquires by pursuing this course and the hard work that goes by securing the job in this field. Thus we have decided to make sure you know about the entire pros and cons of this industry making you know all about what this course has in the plate to offer you.
What is Hotel Management?
One of the most significant outcomes to be noted after globalization is the rapid growth in the tourism and hospitality industry. India is one of the most sought after and popular travel destinations with the Indian government investing and encouraging the development of the tourism and hospitality industry.
The hotel Industry for sure is an industry that has huge growth potential soon. Therefore, If you are seeking to do a profession in this, note that the demand for you is very high and it is expected to see more growth in the coming years with a rapid increase in the number of hotels being set up in India every year.
In addition, this is a field where the job opportunities are enormous with multiple skills involved like the front office operation, food and beverage service, housekeeping, food production/kitchen, sales and marketing, accounting, etc.
There are many governments and private colleges in India that offer diploma, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs.
Eligibility Criteria for taking Hotel Management and What are the options that are available for you?
- The minimum qualification that is required for the Hotel Management course is 10+2
- You can opt for a diploma or degree course based on the duration and specialization you want to opt for.
- Certification courses also can be opted which can take 6 months to 1 year for completion.
- The diploma course in hotel management is for 1.5 to 2 years.
- Bachelor’s degree course is generally for 3 years. But in a few institutions, it can be for 4 years.
- There is a common entrance exam called NCHMCT JEE held by government colleges.
- Private Institution also conduct tests which mainly focuses on the communication aspects and the aptitude of the candidates.
One can find several job opportunities after graduating in Hotel management. A hotel has multiple departments and therefore, the opportunities to choose a field from your liking and passion are enormous. Therefore, after graduating one can get a job in the following areas:
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship
- Hospital administration and catering
- Tourism Industries
- Indian Navy
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses
- Kitchen Management in canteens of schools, colleges, etc.
- Hotel Industry
After completing a diploma or a degree course in this, you can get into hotels as a trainee, and then you can choose to pursue a career in the various other position of hotels.
The entry-level salary for a graduate after the completion is somewhere around Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 and will increase with the experience you gain in the field.
In Conclusion, Hotel Management is a field that is growing in India which has enormous opportunities. And therefore, you can go for it if you are passionate enough after thorough research about the kind of fields you will come across when you are taking the course in detail. We will be sharing the same in the coming articles.